The City of Alexandria Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities is conducting its annual Program Interest Survey to help determine programming priorities by location, time of day and participant’s age. Paper surveys are available at all City community centers or click the Program Interest Survey to complete it online. To ensure your voice is heard, surveys should be submitted by Sunday, September 11.
The survey takes only a few minutes to complete and will guide the development of future program offerings. City residents and nonresidents are encouraged to participate.
An example of feedback received from previous surveys is the need for adult exercise & fitness classes and adult dance classes on weekday evenings. In response to these findings, the following new programs are being offered this Fall:
· Pilates for ages 16 & up at Charles Houston Recreation Center, Mondays, 6-6:45 p.m.
· Salsa Dancing for ages 18 & up at Charles Houston Recreation Center, Mondays,7-8 p.m.
· Fitness for Life for ages 18 & up at Charles Houston Recreation Center, Tuesdays,6-7 p.m.
· Super Fat Burning Kickboxing Workout for ages 16 & up at Charles Houston Recreation Center, Tuesdays & Thursdays, 5:45-6:45 p.m.
· Belly Dancing for ages 18 & up at Chinquapin Park Recreation Center & Aquatics Facility, Tuesdays & Thursdays, 7-8 p.m.
· Fit4Baby for prenatal moms ages 18 & up at Chinquapin Park Recreation Center & Aquatics Facility, Wednesdays, 7-8 p.m.
· Hip Hop Fitness for ages 13 & up at William Ramsay Recreation Center, Thursdays, 6-7 p.m.
· Capoeira Angola Brazilian Martial Arts for ages 16 & up at Charles Houston Recreation Center, Thursdays, 6:45-7:45 p.m.
The complete listing of programs being offered in the Fall will be available online and in community centers, libraries and City Hall beginning Wednesday, August 3. If you have questions, contact Kelly Gilfillen, Marketing Manager, at 703.746.4644 email@example.com.
The City of Alexandria is committed to compliance with the City’s Human Rights Code and the Americans with Disabilities Act. To receive materials in an alternative format, call Kelly Gilfillen at 703.746.4644 (VA Relay 711) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, click here.